London Circumcision Centre
Newborn Circumcision - Price starting from £250
Dr Khan has performed more than 3000 newborn and baby boys circumcisions in the UK. He is at the top of his field with excellent audit results. Please speak to Dr.(Mr) Khan tel: +447527314081
Circumplast or PLastibell method
These are called ring method circumcision. Circumplast has better results than Plastibell. Please see the results in our Blog
Price of circumcision includes (WHY PRICE IS £250 FOR UNDER 1 YEAR OLD CHILD)
- Circumcision is performed by Dr (Mr.) Khan, Specialist fully trained Paediatric Surgeon / Urologist
- Consultation, risk assessment and procedure are done personally by Dr. Khan
- Pre-operative anaesthesia for pain free circumcision
- Modern Circumplast Ring method (First Expert in New Circumplast Ring in UK from 2013)
- Complimentory aftercare package is provided
- Aftercare 24/7 support is provided directly by Dr Khan by providing his mobile phone
- Free follow-up appointment if required
- Aftercare ointment and pain relief medication will be provided
- No hidden charges
Information - Best age of Circumcision
- Parents asks about the best age to have their son circumcised. Ideal age is baby circumcision under 1-4 weeks. Our audit has showed that minimum complications of circumcision occurred under 1 month of age.
Circumcision (ring method) is the cutting off of the extra fold of skin that normally covers the head of the penis with the application of a plastic ring. After circumcision, the tip of the penis is always exposed.
We use the Circumplast circumcision device of Australian origin, which has the special advantage that the ring cannot migrate to the shaft. Such migration has, over many years, been reported as a potential problem with the nominally similar Plastibell device. The Circumplast device also protects the glans (tip of penis) and leaves less inner skin, which gives a neater look of tight circumcision.
We have also experienced of stitch and glue circumcision in children, Gomco clamp circumcision, Alisklamp circumcision (Turkish Clamp) and Plastibell circumcision.
BABY AND BOYS CIRCUMCISION
- £150 (Free consultation if circumcision is done at same day) at Leyton clinic, London
PRices of CIRCUMCISION (RING METHOD) or circumcision by STITCHES (extra £100)
at Leyton Circumcision Clinic, London
- Age less than 1 year £250 (Ring Method)
- Age 1-2 years £300 (Ring Method)
- Age 3-4 years £325 (Ring Method)
- Age 5-7 years £350
- Age 8-12 years £400 (read more)
- Age 13-15 years £450 (read more)
- Age more than 16 years £550 (read more)
CLINICS- where can i get my baby circumcised
- Leyton Healthcare, 4th floor , 75 Oliver Road, Leyton, London E10 5LG
- Thornhill Circumcision Centre, 1-3 Thornhill Road, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU4 8EY
Procedure and Risks
ASSESSMENT BEFORE OPERATION
Each child is assessed and a consultation is necessary before the operation by Mr. (Dr.) Khan. If there is a problem or contra-indication for circumcision a Specialist Paediatric Urologist referral is given for your GP.
Parents may wish to have their boy circumcised for religious, social or cultural reasons. Sometimes circumcision is recommended for medical reasons such as phimosis due to Balanitis Xerotica obliterans (BXO) foreskin.
We perform circumcision on male children using a local anaesthetic which provides safe and effective pain-relief. We employ the Circumplast or Plastibell technique (a ring method). A plastic ring is tied around the end of the penis at the foreskin. Top of foreskin is removed. The ring stays on the end of the penis and prevents bleeding after the surgery. The surgery takes approximately 10-15 minutes.
We normally use the Circumplast circumcision device of Australian origin, which has the special advantage that the ring cannot migrate proximally. Such migration has, over many years, been reported as a potential problem with the nominally similar Plastibell device in cases where that design has been used for tight styles of circumcision. The Circumplast device also protects the glans (tip of penis) and leaves less inner skin, which gives a neater look of tight circumcision.
CIRCUMCISION FOR BABIES AND BOYS
After the operation the penis will look slightly swollen for a number of days. The swelling will gradually settle but might take a few weeks.
There might be some discomfort so we recommend medication for pain relief that can be taken orally (usually Paracetamol) for the first 48 hours. Always read the instructions on the bottle.
The wound must be kept clean to avoid infection. Bath daily using 1-2 tablespoons of salt in the bath. A good clean with running water if the area is soiled. Put Vaseline on the head of the penis with each nappy change.
The plastic ring will fall off within 3 to 14 days (average 7 days). You must contact us if the plastic ring has not fallen off within 14 days or if it has migrated to the body (shaft) of the penis.
IN EVENT OF A PROBLEM
Please contact us immediately if there is a problem.
- Temperature greater than 37C
- Excessive bleeding
- Extreme irritability/inconsolability
- Difficulty passing urine
- Signs of infection
RISKS AND SIDE-EFFECTS
In common with any other surgical procedure, circumcision has risks, including excessive bleeding, infection, complications from anaesthetics and excessive or inadequate skin removal. In rare cases a child might require a redo operation, which is more common in cases of buried or hidden penis. Please contact us directly or telephone Doctors who provide 24 hour support. Consultation can be arranged if required.